Attn: All 2013 National Web Design Competition Challengers
THINK BIG AND WIN CASH AND PRIZES
* Tell the world the benefits of the the StartSomethingToday.org initiative and WIN!
* Tell the world the benefits of the the STEMTOSTEAMIE.org initiative and WIN!
NOTE: This is a call for participation for two different but similar challenges:
What we need from you:
1. Create one 3-5 minute video titled branded to include the:
Be creative and be a problem solver!
2. Post your video on YouTube.
3. Send the YouTube url link to WOW at billcullifer AT gmail.com by 3:00 pm CST June 29, 2013.
4. We will send you a response that we are in receipt of your challenge submission
• Select the best 3 finalist for the each challenge
• Post them on the WebDesignContest.org Website
• Award the first place winning team a total of $500.00 cash prize for the STEMTOSTEAMIE.org challenge
• Award the first place winning team a total of $500.00 cash prize for the StartSomethingToday.org challenge
• Second place for both challenges include: Membership in WOW and a voucher for a WOW certification exam (Total Value $395.00)
• Third place finalist will receive a cool web design or development book and a years worth access to Lynda.com.
Winners to be announced at when Bill returns from the International Web Design Challenge approx July, 14, 2013 at 5pm.
Challenge Requirements (both)
* Must include the mentioning of the sponsoring organization WebProfessionals.org at least three times in the video.
* For the StartSomethingToday.org Challenge video must include the mentioning of the StartSomethingToday.org at least three times in the video for branding purposes.
* For the STEMtoSTEAMIE.org Challenge video must include the mentioning of the STEMtoSTEAMIE.org at least three times in the video for branding purposes.
* You must also tell the world why these initiatives are important.
* To be considered a challenge a minimum of three teams per topic must submit a challenge. If less than three teams compete the technical committee will at its discretion decide the results and the prizes.
* For an example of the winners of the 2012 video challenge winners click here.
Legalese (required reading)
By participating you agree to the following:
The “StartSomethingToday.org and STEMtoSTEAMIE.org Challenge” is sponsored by the World Organization of Webmasters (WOW), P.O. Box 1743 Folsom, and CA 95763. WOW is a not-for-profit professional association providing community, education and certification for Web Professionals.
The Challenge is open to all of the 2013 National Web Design Challenge students participating in the 2013 Kansas City MO event taking place the week of June 24-27, in Kansas City MO.
Minors and those under 18 are required to have their parents or legal guardian’s permission to participate. Winners of the challenge will be required to document in writing parental of legal guardian approval prior prizes being awarded. Signed consent forms can be transmitted by facsimile (fax) to 916 987-3022 or by scanned email to the email address provide above.
The Challenge is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law or regulation. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant that it determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate in the
Electronic entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” [defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) of the email address submitted at the time of the entry.
In order to enter the Challenge, you must provide your name, email address, and school name by e-mail to the e-mail address provided above. By providing your name and email address, you become an official challenger and you agree that you have read and understand the rules and conditions.
The WebProfessionals.org editorial staff will review and may edit all entries before posting. Entries deemed irrelevant, potentially libelous or inflammatory will not be posted. Entries must be based on your own personal experiences.
There is a limit of one entry per participant.